Oct 2, 2014
Thursday, October 2
the fall refresh
fashion. trends. treats.
As Charlotte gears into the Fall season, we welcome guests to the "Fall Refresh". Enjoy an evening of tastes and treats as you’ll be able to sample products & services from local restaurants and beauty bars, complimentary beverages, and a live fashion show by Vestique Boutique. We're focusing on new ideas and trends that Charlotte can be excited for. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Bark All About It.
Cost includes beverage tastings, samplings from area restaurants, raffle ticket to win some incredible prizes, and much more!
Tickets are ONLY $8 ($20 value) if you use our $12 discount code "ROCKHOUSE".
1426 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28203
UBER will be providing car rides to ticketholders.
Mirror Bomb Studio
Queen City Pastry
Bark All About It
Block & Grinder
Oct 4, 2014
Saturday, October 4
Party Bus to Pumpkin Beer Fest
Gastonia Grizzlies Ballpark
Limited to 600 tickets, sold out in 2013
2nd Annual Pumpkin Beer Fest
Saturday October 4th: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
• Over 75 Pumpkin & Fall Seasonal Beers
• Cornhole Tournament
• Unlimited Samples
• Sampling Glass
• Live Music
All held on the field at the Stadium!!!
Cost is $40 and includes transportation to and from Beer Fest and Beer Fest Ticket.
2:30-3:15 – Check-in at Prohibition
3:30 – Bus Departs for Pumpkin Beer Festival
4:00-8:00 – Pumpkin Beer Fest
8:15 – Bus Departs for Prohibition
Oct 5, 2014
Oct 6, 2014
Sweat out the Suds Run Club
Tyber Creek – 6:30pm
Every Monday we’ll sweat out the weekend booze by jogging around the beautiful Dilworth neighborhood. We’ll have a 2, 3, & 4 mile route to choose from and all levels of runner are welcome. Send us an email to sign up for the Run Club email list.
Be sure to like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/sweatoutthesuds for updates on runs, route maps, and some random information you probably won’t need along the way.
Disclaimer: This is a very informal, fairly unorganized fun run club. Expect at least one person to get lost each week, a nice beer selection after the run if you’re trying to re-carb, and a chance to meet a few new people.
Oct 11, 2014
Saturday, October 11
Cornhole Golf Fall Classic
Part Cornhole…Part Putt Putt…Part Bar Crawl…and ALL FUN. There will be holes set up at a variety of uptown bars between 5th Street & The EpiCentre. What exactly is a cornhole golf you ask? It's a unique blend of cornhole and putt-putt, and is fun for people of all skill levels. You’ll toss cornhole bags up and down staircases, over obstacles, and even at moving targets. Our course levels the playing field for people of all skill levels (as if adult beverages didn’t do that already).
Check-in is 5:00pm-5:45pm and the Cornhole Golfing tees off at 6:00pm.
ONLY $20 PER TEAM
Prizes include a chance to qualify for a $2500 cornhole tournament! $100 Hole-In-One Contest!
Cornhole Golf – The Rules
1. Player's Tee Off from the Tee Box at each hole which will be marked.
2. Cornhole Bag must be tossed underhanded.
3. Player must have a beverage in the opposite hand at the time of any toss (Beverage is at the discretion of the player).
4. Where the bag lands, the player must place their front foot on that spot and toss from that point (similar to disc golf). The rest of the body should not pass this spot except for the motion of the arm.
5. If the bag lands on anything other than the ground or anything higher than six inches, the player must take a penalty stroke and take their next toss at the closest point behind the spot of the infraction.
6. If a bag lands completely on the board, you take one step (no less than two feet) from the front of the board and toss the bag. This is a putt. For a putt, you must have both feet on the floor until after you release the bag (no leaning over the hole and dropping the bag in).
7. PENALTY STROKES:
*Bag goes out of bounds or is tossed over a "no fly zone".
*No fly zones are basically over any bartop (we don't want you breaking the alcohol) We may specifically name a "no fly zone" at any hole.
8. For a penalty stroke add 1 stroke and throw from the original point the toss was tossed from
9. For certain holes, we may require you throw blindfolded, opposite handed or any other method. If the specified style is not used with a toss. The toss must be remade from the point it was incorrectly tossed and a stroke is added.
Have fun, but please do not be destructive. Be careful and respectful of our hosts and their decor. Happy Cornhole Golfing...
Oct 13, 2014
Columbus Day - Monday, October 13
Best Bars Charlotte Charity Golf Tournament
Charles T. Myers Golf Course
Hosted by Tyber Creek Pub, Connolly’s, Dandelion Market, & Prohibition
The CRAZIEST Golf Tournament of the year!!!
Cost is just $400/team and includes Green Fees, Cart Fees, Range Balls, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Goodie Bags - with Embroidered Golf Shirt, Transportation to and from Golf Course, Opportunity to WIN first & worst Grand Prizes, Raffle Prizes, & Adult Beverages All Day Long.
To sign up or if you are interested in sponsorship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct 17, 2014
Friday, October 17
Pubs & Pucks: Checkers Home Opener
Uptown Bars/Time Warner Arena
Hockey is back! Join RockHouse for the season home opener as the Charlotte Checkers take on the Detroit Red Wings affiliate, Grand Rapids Griffins at Time Warner Cable Arena. Just $15 includes your Charlotte Checkers game ticket, FREE cover into three bars after the game, drink specials, and a couple cold ones on the RockHouse tab.
5:45-7:00 – Prohibition
7:00-9:15 – Checkers Game
9:15-10:15 – Fitzgerald’s
10:15-11:15 – Connolly’s on 5th
11:15 - Prohibition
Oct 25, 2014
Saturday, October 25
Rich & Bennett’s 14th Annual Halloween Pub Crawl
Uptown Charlotte - 1pm
Check back for details at www.RichandBennett.com
Nov 15, 2014
Saturday, November 15
RockHouse Thunder Road Half Marathon Team
Uptown Charlotte ---> Somewhere Else ---> Uptown Chalrotte
With all the boozing we do at events, we figured it would be good to do something that counterbalances the alcohol intake. In conjunction with Tyber Creek Pub, RockHouse is putting together a team for the Thunder Road Half Marathon on Saturday, November 15. All skill levels of running are welcome. Whether you are competitively running or plan on walking half of the race, we want you on our team!!!
So here’s what you need to do to sign up…register thru the link below and enter promo code “RockHouse10” to get your $10 discount off entry fee (good thru 9/22), and be sure to sign up for our RockHouse team using the drop down menu towards the bottom of the registration page.
Once you’ve done that…send us an email so we can add you to our team email list.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the RockHouse Team
10. $10 off your registration price.
9. You get an awesome “Team Tyber/RockHouse” race shirt.
8. Group runs on Monday nights from Tyber Creek.
7. The lifelong bonds you will undoubtedly create with your teammates.
6. Blisters are in this year.
5. You get a medal that you can wear out all night long and flaunt in peoples face.
4. Sweat is the new black.
3. Chance to meet some new people soberly.
2. An excuse to eat tons of carbs.
1. You’ll feel like a complete bad a$$ when you cross the finish line.